Nene Golf Policies
Please read and familiarise yourself with our policies and we treat the safety and welfare of our customers with the highest priority.
Safeguarding Adults Policy and Procedures
NGL/NPGC are committed to creating and maintaining a safe and positive environment for all individuals involved in golf. Safeguarding duties apply to an adult who:
Has needs for care and support (whether or not the local authority is meeting any of those needs) and;
Is experiencing, or is at risk of, abuse or neglect; and;
As a result of those care and support needs is unable to protect themselves from either the risk of, or the experience of, abuse or neglect
For more information please click here
Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy
Whilst children and young people are participating in golf activities in our care, NPGC and Nene Golf Ltd have a responsibility to ensure their safety and wellbeing.
We recognise the policies of the National Governing bodies, as set in out in the “Guidelines for Safeguarding Children in Golf”. The policy and supporting procedures set out a framework to fulfil our commitment to good practice and the protection of children in our care.
A child is defined by law as a person under the age of 18 years
The welfare of children is paramount
All children, regardless of their Age, Race, Religion or Belief, Disability, Sex or Sexual Orientation, have the right to protection from abuse
All concerns and allegations of abuse and poor practice will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately
All children have the right to be safe
All children have the right to be treated with dignity and respect
We will work with children, their parents and external organisations to safeguard the welfare of children participating in golf
We recognise the authority of the statutory agencies and are committed to complying with Local Safeguarding Children Board Guidelines (LSCB) and any documentation which supersedes these.
Provide a safe environment for children participating in golfing activities within the club and try to ensure that they enjoy the experience.
Reassure parents (and carers) that their children will receive the best care possible whilst participating in club activities & communicate policy & procedure to them through website/letter/consents.
Support adults (staff, volunteers, PGA Professionals, coaches, members and visitors to the club) to understand their roles and responsibilities with regard to the Duty of Care and protection of children.
Provide appropriate level training and support to staff, volunteers & coaches to make informed and confident responses to specific child protection issues and to fulfill their role effectively
Adopt the Children in Golf Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and Procedures and any related policies where appropriate.
For a full copy of the safeguarding policy click here
Buggy Rental Policy
Buggy users must agree to our buggy rental terms and policy before use and be familiar with the safe operation of the vehicle. By renting a golf buggy from Nene Golf you agree to these terms & conditions of rental:
Nene Golf advise all buggy users to have adequate personal insurance to protect themselves against liability.
- Strictly only two people will travel on the hired buggy. Anyone not observing this rule will be required to immediately leave the course without refund.
- The buggy user acknowledges full responsibility of this buggy while in your use and accept full liability for any damage or injury caused to property or public, including costs associated with repairing damage caused to this buggy during the hire period.
- The buggy user has checked the buggy before use and it is free of major damage or faults.
- The buggy user is responsible for reporting any existing damage or faults to reception before use/during use, otherwise he/she may be liable for the cost of repairs.
- The buggy user will be solely responsible for renting/operating this buggy and confirm that they are 18 years of age or older.
- The buggy user is familiar with the controls of this buggy and will drive safely at all times. If you are unsure please ask a member of staff who will be pleased to advice.
- The buggy user’s ability to operate the buggy safely is not impaired by the consumption of alcohol/drugs/medication.
- Keys must be returned to reception after use and be returned at least 30 minutes before the premises closes and accept that I will be charged a late return fee if the buggy is returned after this time.
Please Note: for those operating a private buggy please download, read and complete our Private Buggy Safety Policy Acknowledgement Form